Wednesday, April 14, 2010

EGFR mutation gene

My doctor told me that 80% of Asian, especially female lung cancer patient, non-smoker and at young age....where I fall into this category, are EGFR positive. This group of patient have shown an impressive 60% response rate to Tarceva which exceeds the response rate for conventional chemotherapy. Finally I have my EGFR mutation gene tested. I am EGFR negative!! No wonder Tarceva is not working at all in my body.

My memory really not so good already. My tumor marker already at 562, the CEA, no longer at 300 as I taught previously. Thanks the Lord and praise the Lord that all 3 of the tumor marker dropped a bit. Thanks God.

Ganbateh :-)

ps. thanks to my xboss - Mr.Teo and Emily :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dont be so formal lah .... just Teo will do .... :-). Keep your spirit high!

Anonymous said...

It is good that we can do something. Pray we get to do the clinical trials soon.
~NiNi