Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Quilt Project

My husband bought me a magazine, it is all about quilts project. He want me to do something as my hobby. It is really quite useful, while I am focus to do something, it really helps me to forget my tiredness, forget my pain and feeling happy when I see the work done. I started to make my first quilt project. This is the first time I do sewing work. My mother and elder sister are tailor, so I do see they sew every day since I was a small kid, but I never sew as I am not really interested with it and I really not good to control that sewing machine. There is once I try to use that machine to make one straight line but fail, as the machine run too fast and I just can't control it :p. I am still not very good to control the speed of that machine while sewing, but I think I am improving :-). My first quilt is not as nice as those made by professional like my mum and my sis, but I think it is quite ok haha. Although it is clearly to see that those square are not match each other on its line, some square are bigger and some are smaller :p. I told my mum that I purposely make it that way, it is a style hehehe, like a dead chicken trying to push the cover (in kanto). Anyway, the next quilt will be better, I can guarantee that :-). The first quilt is done for my lovely husband, lucky he never complain me ;-).

These are the guinea pig, size of all square are not even :p


These are the improved part, see the square are all about the same haha


Here is the done quilt project, 100% hand made :-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very very nice! I love it. Glad you found a hobby you like. I will use it every night. :)

-NiNi